Sr. Data Engineer
Reports to: VP – Data Engineering
Department(s): Development Team
This position’s primary objective is to move the strategic data projects for the
development department forward, while also effectively managing and supporting the
needs of existing data processing within production environments. Working closely
with the software development and BI/Analytics teams, this role ensures optimal
performance of data processing platforms. In addition, this person will serve as
the subject matter expert in the areas of data processing, data storage, data quality
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for working with database technology,
data processing and enterprise data architectures. You understand obstacles and
hurdles, and choose to view them as opportunities not frustrations. You have strong
attention to detail, follow-through and prefer to get it right the first time. Your
motto is to be complete, plan your work and work your plan. Since listening and
digging deeper are two of your key strengths, you will easily discern requirements
from design sessions and customer requirements.
Summary of essential job functions
- Implement ETL (extract, transform, load) processes for various datasets and improve
efficiency of existing ETL processes.
- Design and build data transformations efficiently and reliably primarily for reporting
and analytics products.
- Combine disparate data sources for data consolidation efforts including data mapping,
enrichment, normalization, deduplication, data quality analysis and data customizations.
- Act as lead technical resource for data feed implementations for products.
- Document data processing logic, structure and column/fields definitions.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and performance tune existing ETL processes thru database
queries, indexing etc.
- Effectively manage all administrative tasks; time tracking per project, communication
of status/completion and timely responses.
- S. Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ year’s experience using SQL, preferably SQL Server T-SQL for data processing.
- 3+ year’s experience using C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core or .NET 6+ for data processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft development tools including SQL Server Management Studio
and Visual Studio.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience of Qlik Sense and/or Power BI.
- Proficient in managing data quality issues and effectively communicating those issues
- Proficient in data consolidation through cleaning, normalizing, enriching and deduplication
of data (data munging/data wrangling).
- Competent in data models including OLTP (row-oriented, transactional normalized
data), ODS (operational data stores) and OLAP (columnar-oriented, fact and dimension
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, cross-functional setting and can adapt to
- Independent and takes the initiative, values dealing with unique and complex situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their
normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay Range - $75,000 - $90,000/year, Commensurate with experience, Full time employment.
How To Apply:
Please fill out the form below. We look forward to speaking with you!